These new Screw in Tent Pegs from RECON Australia are the real deal for the user who demands more performance from their tent pegs in whatever they are intending to keep firmly attached to the ground.
Whether it is a tent hoochie shelter or bivvy anything that needs to be attached to the ground temporarily but firmly, the screw-in pegs will operate in most soil types including sand and soft soil.
Each Peg is 200mm long and weighing in at 22gms; they are lightweight and strong, manufactured from UV reinforced fibreglass thus allowing flexibility.
The pegs are user-friendly and in Army Olive Drab, ideal for the military and in fact were designed for the military user in mind.
They can be screwed in quickly with the combo tool. You can also use the Combo handle on its own to screw the pegs into the ground.
Come pack up time the pegs can be screwed out easily allowing you to break camp quickly and move to your next destination.
The standard pegs are designed for maximum grip and hold well in all ground types but excel in soil and softer conditions where normal metal pegs just don’t hold. The standard pegs don’t need to be screwed all the way in, as long as the threaded part is well anchored; it’s doing its job. Simply move the adjustable rope clip close to the ground for best results.
– Peg Length Overall 200mm
– Length of Thread 80mm
– Width of Thread 15mm
– Width of Head just below the hex head 25mm
– Weight each 22gms
– Tensile strength 25Nm.
– 6 x Olive Hi Tensile Fibreglass 200mm screw in pegs
– 6 x Black Rope Clips (These are detachable and are able to swivel with the tension once fixed).
– 1 x Handle with extra HEX facility.
– 1x Clip in Hex extension for use with handle (recommended).
As we say goodbye to Auscam in the ADF. PRO TAC has released their RANGER BIVI BAGS in the much sort after MULTICAM. The RANGER BIVI BAGS are great for when the hoochie simple won’t cut it, or when the tactical situation requires something a little less obvious. The waterproof membrane and seam sealing protects the user from the wind and rain and increases the users comfort in cold climates by limiting the body heat from escaping.
The RANGER BIVI BAG has a Military top opening to allow quick and quiet entry and exit with heavy duty zips and a built-in mozzie net. It has numerous tie off points to keep the material off your face while you sleep and allow ease of movement. Or you can use BIVI hoops with the hoop sleaves located across the shoulders and feet. There are also peg loops around the base to limit bag movement on any uneven ground.
• 100% waterproof
• Built-in mozzie net
• Tie off and peg down tabs
• Sizes – Medium, Large, Extra Large
• Colours – Multicam, Coyote (Large only)
• Wider gusset around shoulders allowing room to move
• Includes stuff sack
Shoulder Width: 940mm
Foot Width: 740mm
Total Length: 2430mm
Like a Nato mat only better. 3/4 length so you get padding for all the important bits (from your head to your butt) and nothing more; this saves space and allows the mat to be made a little thicker for extra comfort.
Folds up to the same size as a Nato mat and comes with a strap to keep it closed. Fits in between your frame and your pack so you can use the extra space in your pack for other more important things (like snacks).
- 10mm foam
- 500D Cordura
- Coyote Brown in colour for better camo
- Double stitching at weak points to ensure durability
- Lifetime manufacturer guarantee
The TROPEN is a light-weight sleeping bag with an extremely small packing size and minimum weight. Its remarkable feature is its vapor permeability which is very important for hot and humid tropical nights. The Shelltrans shell fits loosely over the inner structure and provides an extra layer of insulation with no cold seams.
This construction ensures reserve warmth for cool, foggy nights. In warmer weather, the bottom part of the two-way zipper can be opened for ventilation. The hood is equipped with a mosquito net which can be folded out of the flap if required (the mosquito net is in the front part of the bag and stored behind the flap with press studs). The net can easily be attached around the hood by means of the small zipper. The zipper is non-snagging so that you can always get in and out quickly and easily.
Thermoflect increases the heat retention of a sleeping bag by around 11 %. Thermoflect is our solution to heat loss due to body radiation. Thermoflect is an ultra-light, ultra-soft, breathable scrim with the unique ability to reflect body-heat.
THE TRAPEZOIDAL FOOT SECTION
Experience has shown that the trapezoidal cut provides the ultimate foot space. In a normal sleeping position, the feet do not poke the insulation outward, avoiding cold spots. There is also enough room to store a shoe bag or extra clothing.
THE MUMMY SHAPE
Here the criteria of stuff size, weight and warmth are most important. The tapered foot section reduces weight and stuff size. The main advantage is, however, that from the knee downwards there is increasingly less internal volume to keep warm. The foot section should not be so small that the feet cause the layers of insulation to poke out. A trapezoidal foot section has proven to be ideal. A wedge shape, declining evenly in width from top to bottom, does not fit the true proportions of the body.
SINGLE-LAYER NOT QUILTED WITH SHELL
In this lightweight design, the outer shell is loosely attached to the bag. The G-LOFT ISO+ filling is quilted to an insulating scrim. As a result, an additional air pocket is formed between the quilted insulation layer and the shell, yet no cold seams can occur.
TWO WAY ZIPPER
All Carinthia military sleeping bags are equipped with a two way zipper. The glider on the top does not snag, allowing a quick step out if necessary (in case of alert for example). The glider on the down side does stick and can be opened for ventilation.
COMBINABLE SLEEPING BAG SYSTEM
Some of our sleeping bags can be combined to a sleeping bag system. Such a system can be used as a 4 Season Sleeping Bag and allows you to carry only the weight and the bulk necessary for the prevailing temperatures.
It has one!
Size: M (185)/L(200)
Comfort Limit: + 5°C
Weight: 1.100 (Size M) 1.300 (SizeL)
Pack Size: 18 x 30 cm
Isolation: G-Loft Duro, 100% PES, 135g/m²
Outer Shell: 100% PA
Inner Lining: 100% PA
The Recon Range just got better. Following 12 months of R&D, the Lightweight Compact Military Recon Sleeping Bags now come with some exciting new features.
- Outer top shell made from 210T Ripstop Nylon with a Teflon ® finish.
- Outer bottom shell made from 210D Nylon Oxford with a PU2000mm waterproof finish.
- Inner shell made from 210T Ripstop Nylon.
- 80gm per square meter Dupont ® Thermolite™ Micro insulation.
- Insulation incorporates an ultra-thin barrier of anti-bacterial pure silver microfibre which also increases its heat retaining capability.
- Insulation is flat filled to prevent cold spots.
- Internal baffle foot is reinforced with 210D Nylon Oxford with a PU2000mm waterproof finish to limit damage from boots.
- Internal and external hanging tabs.
- Bonded seams
- Central double puller, heavy duty No 8 spiral zip with storm flap.
- Anti-snag zip with Velcro tab closure.
- Drawcord and barrel lock in hood.
- Shaped hood for extra comfort.
- Internal PDA pocket
- 210D Nylon Oxford spider compression sack.
- Designed for operations in -5 degree Celsius locations.
- Temp Rating: Extreme: -5°c
- Dims unpacked: Length 220cm width: at shoulders 85cm at feet 55cm
- Dims packed in compression sack: 21cm x 20cm
- Weight: 1.35kg