As we say good bye to Auscam in the ADF. Valhalla has released their RANGER BIVI BAG range in the much sought after MULTICAM.
The RANGER BIVI BAGS are great for when the hoochie simple won’t cut it, or when the tactical situation requires something a little less obvious. The waterproof membrane and seam sealing protects the user from the wind and rain and increases the users comfort in cold climates by limiting the body heat from escaping.
The RANGER BIVI BAG has a Military top opening to allow quick and quiet entry and exit with heavy duty zips and a built-in mozzie net. It has numerous tie off points to keep the material off your face while you sleep and allow ease of movement. Or you can use BIVI hoops with the hoop sleaves located across the shoulders and feet. There are also peg loops around the base to limit bag movement on uneven ground.
• 100% waterproof
• Built-in mozzie net
• Tie off and peg down tabs at head shoulder and foot
• Wider gusset around shoulders allowing room to move
• Sizes – Medium, Large, Extra Large
• Colours – Multicam, Coyote (Large only)
• Includes stuff sack
Shoulder Width: 840mm
Foot Width: 640mm
Total Length: 1920mm
The R & D Team at VALHALLA have taken the concept of a Tactical Sleeping bag to the next level. Keeping the compact design, reinforced foot and waterproof base then adding arm ports to allow tasks (i.e. check time, one hand remain on weapon, eat, write orders) to be done without losing the built-up warmth within the bag, reducing core temperature.
Also, the addition of a double ended heavy duty YKK zip to allow the feet to be removed from the bag allowing movement (i.e. move position, stand to, urinate, move to piquet) without completely exiting the bag which would result in the loss of body heat.
• Dimensions packed in compression sack: 27cm x 26cm
• Dimensions rolled out: Length 220cm width: at shoulders 85cm at feet 55cm
• Weight: 1.95kg
• Designed for operations in -15°c locations
• Temp Rating: Extreme: -15°c
• Arm Ports for ease of carrying out tasks (Checking time, eating, one hand on weapon) without exiting bag which would cause
core temperature to drop
• Arm ports have zip and Velcro closure to secure warmth in bag whilst not in use
• Double ended YKK heavy-duty No. 8 Spiral zip with weather flap. This allows the removal of feet from the bag without having
to get out completely. Causing core temperature to drop
• Inner lining made from 210D Ripstop Nylon
• Outer top shell made from 210D Ripstop Nylon
• Outer bottom shell made from 210D Nylon Oxford with waterproof finish
• 80gm per square meter Dupont ® Thermolite™ Micro insulation.
• Insulation incorporates an ultra-thin barrier of anti-bacterial pure silver microfiber which also increases its heat retaining
• Insulation is flat filled to prevent cold spots
• Internal foot is reinforced with 210D Nylon Oxford with PU2000mm waterproof finish to limit damage from boots
• Internal and external hanging tabs
• Bonded seams
• Drawcord and barrel lock in hood
• Internal pocket
• 210D Nylon Oxford compression sack
• Comes with the VALHALLA lifetime workmanship warranty
As used by the German Army for decades.
A versatile waterproof, non-absorbant, fold flat sleeping mat. Manufactured from high quality closed cell foam. Finished with a non-slip sealed surface for ease of cleaning.
The Flat Mat can store inside your pack and provides a comfortable protective pad for the spine.
Strong and robust.
The NATO Fold away Sleep mat has fantastic insulating properties.
Can be used as a Sit Mat when folded.
Can be used in a number of combinations for sleeping.
A great alternative to the old style rolled camp mat!
Folds down into a book-shaped “square”.
8mm EVA padding.
Overall size/dimensions: 180 x 56 cm
Folded down size/dimensions: 4 x 36 x 28 cm
Weight: 350 grams
The TROPEN is a light-weight sleeping bag with an extremely small packing size and minimum weight. Its remarkable feature is its vapor permeability which is very important for hot and humid tropical nights. The Shelltrans shell fits loosely over the inner structure and provides an extra layer of insulation with no cold seams.
This construction ensures reserve warmth for cool, foggy nights. In warmer weather, the bottom part of the two-way zipper can be opened for ventilation. The hood is equipped with a mosquito net which can be folded out of the flap if required (the mosquito net is in the front part of the bag and stored behind the flap with press studs). The net can easily be attached around the hood by means of the small zipper. The zipper is non-snagging so that you can always get in and out quickly and easily.
Thermoflect increases the heat retention of a sleeping bag by around 11 %. Thermoflect is our solution to heat loss due to body radiation. Thermoflect is an ultra-light, ultra-soft, breathable scrim with the unique ability to reflect body-heat.
THE TRAPEZOIDAL FOOT SECTION
Experience has shown that the trapezoidal cut provides the ultimate foot space. In a normal sleeping position, the feet do not poke the insulation outward, avoiding cold spots. There is also enough room to store a shoe bag or extra clothing.
THE MUMMY SHAPE
Here the criteria of stuff size, weight and warmth are most important. The tapered foot section reduces weight and stuff size. The main advantage is, however, that from the knee downwards there is increasingly less internal volume to keep warm. The foot section should not be so small that the feet cause the layers of insulation to poke out. A trapezoidal foot section has proven to be ideal. A wedge shape, declining evenly in width from top to bottom, does not fit the true proportions of the body.
SINGLE-LAYER NOT QUILTED WITH SHELL
In this lightweight design, the outer shell is loosely attached to the bag. The G-LOFT ISO+ filling is quilted to an insulating scrim. As a result, an additional air pocket is formed between the quilted insulation layer and the shell, yet no cold seams can occur.
TWO WAY ZIPPER
All Carinthia military sleeping bags are equipped with a two way zipper. The glider on the top does not snag, allowing a quick step out if necessary (in case of alert for example). The glider on the down side does stick and can be opened for ventilation.
COMBINABLE SLEEPING BAG SYSTEM
Some of our sleeping bags can be combined to a sleeping bag system. Such a system can be used as a 4 Season Sleeping Bag and allows you to carry only the weight and the bulk necessary for the prevailing temperatures.
It has one!
Size: M (185)/L(200)
Comfort Limit: + 5°C
Weight: 1.100 (Size M) 1.300 (SizeL)
Pack Size: 18 x 30 cm
Isolation: G-Loft Duro, 100% PES, 135g/m²
Outer Shell: 100% PA
Inner Lining: 100% PA
The Recon Range just got better. Following 12 months of R&D, the Lightweight Compact Military Recon Sleeping Bags now come with some exciting new features.
- Outer top shell made from 210T Ripstop Nylon with a Teflon ® finish.
- Outer bottom shell made from 210D Nylon Oxford with a PU2000mm waterproof finish.
- Inner shell made from 210T Ripstop Nylon.
- 80gm per square meter Dupont ® Thermolite™ Micro insulation.
- Insulation incorporates an ultra-thin barrier of anti-bacterial pure silver microfibre which also increases its heat retaining capability.
- Insulation is flat filled to prevent cold spots.
- Internal baffle foot is reinforced with 210D Nylon Oxford with a PU2000mm waterproof finish to limit damage from boots.
- Internal and external hanging tabs.
- Bonded seams
- Central double puller, heavy-duty No. 8 spiral zip with storm flap.
- Anti-snag zip with Velcro tab closure.
- Drawcord and barrel lock in hood.
- Shaped hood for extra comfort.
- Internal PDA pocket
- 210D Nylon Oxford spider compression sack.
- Designed for operations in -20 degree Celsius locations.
- Temp Rating: Extreme: -20°c
- Dims unpacked: Length 228cm width: at shoulders 85cm at feet 55cm
- Dims packed in compression sack: 27cm x 26cm
- Weight: 1.95kg